Rhetorical Analysis

Rhetorical analysis, a form of criticism that examines the interaction between all three text, audience, and author, may be applied through any text including an image, a speech, a poem, an essay, or a photograph. It’s not entirely of how the essay or the piece is built. It’s more about how they interact with one another to make the piece make sense for all three portions. I’ve learned that rhetorical analysis is basically the way someone should judge another piece. It doesn’t matter how well someone proves their point, it should be more about the message their conveying and how well it may help the person it is assigned for. In Iggy Peck, Iggy has one passion: building. His parents are proud of his fabulous creations, though they’re sometimes surprised by his materials—who could forget the tower he built of dirty diapers? When his second-grade teacher declares her dislike of architecture, Iggy faces a challenge. He loves building too much to give it up! With Andrea Beaty’s irresistible rhyming text and David Roberts’s puckish illustrations, this book will charm creative kids everywhere, and amuse their sometimes-bewildered parents. Within this video of understanding the passion Iggy Peck has for building, one can understand how Iggy Peck felt when the teacher doubted her in 2nd grade and made her believe her passions aren’t something to be passionate about. There are many messages Iggy Peck wanted to address but one of them could be how you should never give up on your aspirations especially if that’s something that you’ve been practicing for a long time. Not everyone aspires to be an architect, but everyone knows how it feels for someone to bring you down with something that you love to do. When reading this, I remembered the times when I would play multiple sports and many of my family members believed it was wrong for me to do that. In return, I felt sullen and gave up on my dream temporarily; however, I continued playing what I loved and let no one stop me what I wanted to do. The Rhetorical analysis taught me that every author has a why in their piece and the why would be different for every reader based on the circumstances they’ve faced.